Quick and Easy Acai Recipe:
This quick and easy acai recipe likely includes two ingredients that are new to your vocabulary:
Acai...pronounced (ah-sigh-ee)...is a fruit from the Amazon rainforest. It has a rich, berry-cocoa flavor. In its pure state, açai pulp is sour and slightly bitter...YUCK...
...but once a little sweetener is added, the flavor resembles concentrated blueberries with a hint of chocolate...YUM!!
Acai can be purchased in the frozen food section of natural foods stores such as Whole Food Market. (If you can't find acai, or don't WANT to use it, you can substitute frozen blueberries in this recipe!)
Agave nectar is a sweetener with a texture similar to honey, but with a lower glycemic index.
Quick and Easy: Acai Sorbet
- 4 pure açai pulp smoothie packs (4 oz. each), thawed
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Whisk together all ingredients in bowl.
- Transfer to 9-inch-square metal baking pan, and place in freezer.
- Stir with fork every half hour, scraping frozen bits from sides, to keep from freezing into a block.
- Scoop into bowls, and serve, or store in airtight container up to 1 week.
Leave Acai Recipe and Return to Lap Band Surgery Site Home Page.
Recipe from vegetariantimes.com
More Lap-Band Diet
Your Personal Lap-Band Guide HOME