I take stool softerners and try not to go over 3-4 days and then take laxatives, herbals. I'm now trying hi fiber cereal at around 40 G per day and still no relief.
I'm now on silders most of the time and wonder what else I can do?
No weight change in 6 months.
Trying adding more fiber (both soluble and insoluble) to your diet.
The high fiber cereal is high in insoluble fiber.
You can get soluble fiber from beans:
- Add beans to salads.
- Make bean burritos with black beans or pinto beans mixed with salsa and melted cheese rolled in a corn tortilla.
- Top a baked sweet potato with vegetarian bean chili.
- Serve vegetarian bean chili over salad. Top with salsa for a "taco salad."
- Try a black bean veggie burger.
- Make "sloppy joe" meat by mixing canned vegetarian chili with cooked, crumbled ground turkey breast meat.
- Make a "sloppy joe" by topping a veggie burger with vegetarian bean chili.
You can also get soluble fiber from oatmeal:
Mix oatmeal with cinnamon roll flavored protein powder
for a high protein, fiber full breakfast, lunch or dinner. See high protein oatmeal recipe
And of course, all fruits and vegetables have a mix of soluble and insoluble fibers. Try to have a few bites of either a fruit or a vegetable...or BOTH...at all meals.
And last but not least...
...don't forget to drink all your fluid (between meals): 6-8 cups (48-64 ounces per day)!!
No weight loss? Try keeping a food journal
Hope that helps. Keep us updated!