Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
This baked ricotta is yummy for breakfast, lunch, OR dinner! It's a great high protein recipe ...perfect for use after weight loss surgery!
- 2 3/4 cups nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1 pound plus 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (ex: chevre)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoon chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chopped tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch round cake pan with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for topping ingredients and whisk with a wire whip until mixture is smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 12 servings.
Per serving:More Bariatric RecipesLap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
260 calories, 19 grams protein, 15 grams carbohydrate, 15 grams fat, 117 mg. cholesterol
Leave Baked Ricotta and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site HOME.
Recipe adapted from Canyon Ranch