Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Baked Tilapia Fish
This BBQ Mango Baked Tilapia Fish is super simple to prepare and SOOO yummy! This is a great recipe from Hungry Girl's new book, 200 Under 200 (200 recipes under 200 calories).
- Two 4.5 ounce fillets raw tilapia
- 1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mango nectar
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, mango nectar, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, and garlic powder.
- Mix well, and then stir in diced tomatoes and mangoes.
- Place fish and sauce in a container and toss to coat.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a medium oven-safe baking dish with nonstick spray. Transfer sauce and fish to the dish.
- Cook 10-15 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
- Plate tilapia and top with any excess sauce.
Makes 2 servings.
Per serving:197 calories, 26.5 grams protein, 2.5 grams fat, 18 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 500 mg sodium. More Bariatric Recipes
Lap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Baked Tilapia Fish and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site Home.