Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
These banana pops are a fun, healthy treat and a great way to control your portion of granola cereal!Banana Crunch Pops
- 2/3 cup fat-free yogurt (any flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup lowfat granola
- 4 flat wooden craft sticks
- 2 medium bananas, halved crosswise
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- Place yogurt in a small shallow dish; stir in cinnamon. Place granola in another small shallow dish.
- Cut bananas in half.
- Insert a wooden stick into each banana piece.
- Roll banana pieces in yogurt mixture, completely covering each piece of banana.
- Roll in granola to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze about 2 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
Can you say YUM!!
Tip: After freezing for 2 hours, wrap each banana piece in freezer wrap. Store in the freezer for up to 1 week
Makes 4 servings. Per serving:
160 calories, 34 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams protein, 1 gram fat
More Bariatric Recipes
Leave Banana Pops and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site Home.
Recipe adapted from Heart Health Living