Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Spicy Chili Bean Burger
These spicy chili bean burgers are packed with fiber and are ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 cup Fiber One® original bran cereal
- 1 can (15 or 16 oz) spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet.
- In medium bowl, mash beans with fork until no whole beans remain. Add cereal, oats, onions and egg; mix well. Shape mixture into 5 patties, each about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add patties; cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until brown.
Serve open face with a slice of lowfat cheese melted on top. Eat with 1/2 small baked sweet potato.
If you tolerate bread, serve open face on 1/2 whole wheat bun. Add baby spinach and tomato slices.
Makes 5 burgers.
Per burger: 130 calories, 8 grams protein, 26 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fat, 10 grams fiber!, 2 grams sugar. More Bariatric Recipes
Lap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Spicy Chili Bean Burgers and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site Home.
Recipe adapted from eatbetteramerica.com