Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Quick and Easy Chicken Parmesan
This Chicken Parmesan tastes so delicious you won't even miss the high calorie breading that's typical of this recipe. Get all the flavor without the calories...this only tastes fattening!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, approximately 4 oz. each
- 22 oz. jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated (or a mixture of both)
- 4, 1 ounce slices part skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and salt and pepper over chicken.
- Add chicken to pan and brown on both sides until cooked almost all the way through. Be careful not to let it burn!
- Remove chicken from pan and place in a non stick casserole dish.
- Cover with marinara sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Place one slice (1oz) of part-skim mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until sauce bubbles.
Serve with fresh veggies and a salad.
Makes 8 servings Per Serving: 158 calories, 13 grams protein, 8 grams total fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 9 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 3 grams sugar (note: sugar content will vary based on marinara or spaghetti sauce), 458 mg sodium More Bariatric Recipes
Lap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Chicken Parmesan Recipe and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site HOME.