Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
"Chick Chick" Chicken Salad
This chicken salad has chicken and chick peas. It's high in protein and fiber, and a cinch to make. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2/3 cup (whole wheat) couscous
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast (about 1/2 lb boneless, skinless)
- 1 can (15 oz) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, salt, and curry powder to a boil; stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Add chicken, garbanzos, cabbage, and onions.
- Combine orange rind, orange juice, olive oil, and pepper in a small bowl; stir with a wire whisk until blended. Add to couscous mixture; toss well.
- Serve immediately or chill.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 290 calories, 20 grams protein, 5 grams total fat, 41 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber, 45 mg sodium
Recipe from www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.govMore Bariatric RecipesLap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Chicken Salad and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site HOME.