Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Oven Fried Chicken Tenders
These Oven Fried Chicken Tenders give you all the taste of a crispy coating without all the fat!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenderloin strips
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes (or bran flakes for a little more fiber!)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put lemon juice and garlic in a plastic bag and add chicken tenderloins. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9-inch by 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the lemon juice from the chicken and discard.
- Pour cornflake or bran flake crumbs onto a plate. Roll chicken in the crumbs to coat evenly.
- Arrange chicken pieces in the baking pan so that they are not touching. Top with any garlic remaining in the plastic bag. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Makes 8 servings. Serving size = 2 oz.
Per Serving: 65 calories, 14 grams protein, 1 gram carbohydrate, < 1 gram fat
More Bariatric RecipesLap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
- Serve with a 1/4 - 1/2 baked sweet potato on the side.
- Serve atop a bed of spaghetti squash and top with a small amount of marinara sauce.
- Serve leftover chicken tenders over a spinach salad.
Leave Chicken Tenders and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site HOME.