Diet After Lap Band Surgery
Gastric Lap Band Diet Menu Suggestions
All the nitty-gritty details you need to know about the diet after lap band surgery are here.
Here are some quick and easy, well balanced, nutritious, post lap band diet menu suggestions:
Post Lap Band Surgery Diet: Breakfast
- 2-4 scrambled egg whites. Top with salsa and roll in a small corn tortilla.
- "Sausage Biscuit": Serve 1 Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Breakfast + 1 slice lowfat cheese on top of 1/2 toasted English muffin.
- Protein shake
- 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese + 1/2 cup berries
- 1/2 cup lowfat ricotta cheese + 1 small apple, diced. Sprinkle with apple pie spice.
Lap Band Post Op Diet:
Menu Suggestions for Lunch
- 1 oz turkey rolled up with 1 slice lowfat cheese. Eat with 1 small apple.
- 1/2 cup tuna (mix with plain nonfat yogurt and mustard instead of mayo). Serve over a small bed of salad greens. Add 1/2 cup mandarin oranges and use the liquid from the oranges as "salad dressing."
- 2 hard boiled eggs. Remove yolks and fill with hummus or black bean dip. Eat with a handful of baby carrots.
- Serve 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese on top of 1 slice toasted whole wheat bread. Add tomato slices on top.
- Prepare a 4 egg white omelet. Place 1/2 cup cooked asparagus spears in the center of the omelet and roll up like a crepe.
Diet after Lap Band Surgery: Dinner
- Taco Salad: Top salad greens with 1/2 cup pinto or black beans and 4 Tbsp. shredded lowfat cheese. Crush ~10 tortilla chips on top and use salsa as dressing.
- 2 ounces chicken + 1/2 small sweet potato + 1/2 cup broccoli
- Chili potato: Top 1/2 small baked sweet potato with 1/2 cup vegetarian bean chili. Sprinkle with 2-4 Tablespoons lowfat shredded cheese.
- Omelet prepared with 1 egg + 2 egg whites (or 4 egg whites only) + peppers, mushrooms, and chives.
- Fish taco: Roll 2 oz cooked fish + 1/4 cup cabbage + salsa in a small corn tortilla.
More menu suggestions for diet after lap band surgery.
Go to Lap Band Surgery Site Home Page