Easy Lettuce Wraps
Southwest Chicken Style
These easy lettuce wraps are a great way to save carb calories and use up left over chicken at the same time.
- 2 cups chopped cooked skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- One tomato, chopped
- Four romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded lowfat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, salsa, black beans and tomato. Mix well.
- Heat in microwave oven 1-2 minutes, if desired.
- To serve, spoon some of chicken mixture on a lettuce leaf, top with a little cheese and avocado and wrap up.
- Dip into plain nonfat Greek yogurt and additional salsa if desired.
Recipe makes 4 wraps. Per wrap:
250 calories, 26 grams protein, 11 grams carbohydrate, 9 grams fat.
Sodium will vary depending on brand of salsa. Choose low sodium salsa (< 140 mg per serving).
Lettuce Wrapper Tips:
- Pick large, pliable leaves.
- Dry lettuce before serving.
- Some grocery stores sell Romaine Lettuce "Wrappers." Look for these in the section that sells bagged lettuce.
- Filling possibilities are endless! Think about ingredient combinations you favor and wrap them up in lettuce leaves to make your own signature lettuce wraps.
More Bariatric Recipes
Leave Easy Lettuce Wraps and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site Home.
Recipe was adapted from bellybytes.com