Lowfat Grilled Turkey Burger
These grilled turkey burgers are fast, easy, and healthy. They freeze well too if you want to make them in advance for future use.
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (or finely crushed whole wheat crackers)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove (use pre-minced garlic in a jar to speed preparation)
- 3-4 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl.
- Crack egg into the same bowl and scramble with a fork before mixing in the bread crumbs, garlic, onions, ground ginger, and soy sauce.
- Mix together with a fork until just combined. Don't over-mix.
- Form into 6 patties.
- At this point the burgers are ready for the grill OR the freezer (for later use).
- Grill about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through (no pink in the middle). Will take less time if using a George Forman Grill.
- Top with sauteed red onions if desired.
- After forming patties, arrange burgers on a cookie sheet and freeze.
- Once solid, individually wrap the burgers in sandwich baggies.
- Place baggies in a larger zip lock freezer bag or an air tight container.
- Thaw before cooking.
Makes 6 ground turkey burgers. Per burger:
147 calories, 25 grams protein, 2 grams total fat, 0.5 grams saturated fat, 6 grams carbohydrate, 0.5 grams fiber, 200 mg sodium
Note: This recipe could also be prepared in a loaf pan (turkey meatloaf) or muffin pan (6 portion controlled turkey meatloaf "muffins").
Note: My favorite FROZEN turkey burgers: Diestel Turkey Burgers or Heidi's Hens® Turkey Burgers
More Bariatric Recipes
Leave Grilled Turkey Burgers and Return to Lap Band Surgery Site's Home Page.
Recipe from Recipe Zaar