Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Ground Turkey Burger
This ground turkey burger blends the flavors of ground turkey, apple, cranberry and spice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (8 oz) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat grill for direct-heat cooking.
- In medium-size bowl combine turkey, apple, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix gently. Evenly divide and shape turkey mixture into 4 burgers, approximately 3-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Grill turkey burgers 5 to 6 minutes per side or until 165ºF is reached on food thermometer and turkey is no longer pink in center.
- In small bowl, combine cranberry sauce, mustard, cinnamon and nutmeg. To serve, spoon sauce over burgers.
Makes 4 servings.
200 calories, 25 grams protein, 8 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrate
More Bariatric Recipes
Lap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Ground Turkey Burger and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site's Home.
Recipe adapted from The National Turkey Federation