I like to add healthy coleslaw to (lettuce wrap) sandwiches for added bulk (ex: turkey or roast beef + coleslaw rolled in a romaine lettuce leaf), but it can also be eaten as a stand alone side dish.
This easy coleslaw recipe will help you add veggies and fruit to your diet in a colorful, creative way!
- 3 raw beets, peeled and shredded (3 cups)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. agave nectar or 2 Tbs. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Toss together beets, apple, and green onions in bowl.
- Blend vinegar, oil, mustard, agave nectar, garlic, chipotle chile, and salt in food processor until smooth. Add to beet mixture, and toss to coat.
Serves 6. Serving size = 3/4 cup
Per serving: 108 calories, 11 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram protein, 7 grams total fat
This easy, healthy, quick coleslaw recipe is courtesy of Vegetarian Times.
Leave Healthy Coleslaw Recipe and See More Lap Band Recipes
Return to Lap Band Surgery Site Home Page.