Bariatric Recipe of the Week:
Healthy Deviled Eggs
These easy and healthy deviled eggs have zero cholesterol.
They're packed with protein too thanks to the cottage cheese and tofu!
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 c. lowfat (1/2%) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (1/4. lb) tofu
- 1 Tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon parsley, plus extra for garnish
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Paprika if desired
Prepare hard boiled eggs as follows:
- Place eggs in an empty pot.
- Fill pot with enough cold water to completely cover eggs with about 1 inch water over them.
- Over high heat, bring the water to boiling.
- As soon as the water boils, remove pot from heat and let sit, covered, for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain, then rinse eggs under cold running water or in a bowl of ice water.
- Let sit for a few minutes until eggs are completely cooled.
- Peel under cold running water.
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half and remove yolks.
- Puree cottage cheese in food processor for 3-4 minutes, or until it's the consistency of sour cream.
- Add tofu, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Fill egg-white halves with cottage cheese mixture.
- Garnish with parsley and/or paprika.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
Makes 10 egg halves.
Serving size = 2 halves.
Per serving: 48 calories, 6 grams protein, 1.5 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fat, 66 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol
- Eat with fruit for a light meal.
- Serve as an appetizer.
Recipe from Menu For Life by Joan Klun Kaye and L.E. Smith, M.A., R.D.
More easy healthy deviled eggs.
More Bariatric Recipes
Lap Band Diet
Lap Band Surgery Site Home Page