This healthy meatloaf is low carbohydrate and high in protein.
It's simple to prepare and can even be made into mini meatloaves by preparing in muffin tins.
- 1/2 cup skim milk Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup (use low carbohydrate or no added sugar ketchup such as Walden Farms Calorie, Carb, and Sugar Free Ketchup)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 10 whole wheat crackers, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peper
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except ground beef and mix well.
- Add ground beef and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Press into a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degreees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
168 calories, 16 grams protein, 3 grams carbohydrate, 9 grams total fat, 0.5 grams fiber
To make portioning a "no-brainer," prepare meatloaf in a muffin pan: Divide meat mixture evenly between 12 muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
More Healthy Meatloaf: Turkey Mini Mini Meatloaf
This lowcarb meatloaf (a.k.a., "Ricotta Cheese Meatloaf") can be found in Extraordinary Taste: A Festive Guide for Life After Weight Loss Surgery by Shannon Owens-Malett, MS, RD, LD
More Lap Band Recipes
Go To Lap Band Surgery Site Home Page.