High Protein Pancakes
Yummy High Protein Breakfast
These high protein pancakes make a great high protein breakfast or mid afternoon snack.
They're delicious hot or cold, and pack lots of nutrition into a small portion so they're perfect for use after weight loss surgery.
Try topping with a small amount of natural peanut butter or almond butter or drizzle pureed frozen blueberries (heated) on top ...YUMMY!
- 6 egg whites, beaten until fluffy
- 1 cup non fat cottage cheese
- 2 scoops whey protein powder (Ex: BSN Lean Dessert Protein Powder)
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp (organic) canola oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- vanilla extract (optional)
- Place all ingredients except beaten egg whites in blender or food processor and pulse or blend until mixture is uniform.
- Pour blended ingredients into a bowl and add egg whites. Fold until just blended.
- Prepare a griddle with cooking spray. Ladle pancake mixture onto griddle and cook until both sides are browned.
Makes 8 pancakes.
Per pancake: 153 calories, 15 grams protein, 4 grams total fat, 13 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 170 mg sodium
(Note: Sodium content may vary depending on the brand of whey protein powder used.)
More Weight Loss Surgery Recipes
Leave High Protein Pancakes and Return to Lap Band Surgery Site Home Page.
Recipe from sparkpeople.com