Homemade Protein Shake
Without the Powder
If you don't care for the taste of protein powder, here's an easy homemade protein shake that uses naturally high protein ingredients: milk and cottage cheese.
Very Berry Shake
- 1/2 cup skim milk, 1% milk, or soymilk
- 1/2 cup lowfat 1% cottage cheese
- 2-4 packets of Splenda (or sweeten to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, mix milk, cottage cheese, splenda, and vanilla extract until all lumps are gone (~ 30 seconds). Note: Don't skip this step!
- Add 2 cups frozen, unsweetened berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries).
- Note: Add a handful of berries at a time, blending in between each addition until all are added and shake is smooth.
Makes 2 servings. Per serving:
120 calories, 10 grams protein, 18 grams carbohydrate, 1.5 grams total fat, 260 mg sodium, 3 grams fiber
More Bariatric Recipes
More Homemade Protein Shake Recipes (made with Protein Powder)
Go to Lap Band Surgery Site Home Page.
Recipe adapted from SparkPeople.com