Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Low Carb Cheesecake
This low carb cheesecake is the perfect high protein dessert after weight loss surgery!
- 3/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 scoop of protein powder (vanilla flavor works best and BSN Lean Dessert Protein Powder Vanilla Creme is MY favorite)
- 1 packet of Stevia or Splenda (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar free instant pudding mix (cheesecake or vanilla flavor)
- 4-5 tbsp of fat free milk or water (helps thin out mixture)
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix for about 1 minute until smooth.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
Optional: Top with sliced almonds (1 Tablespoon adds ~ 45 calories) or sliced strawberries (1 medium strawberry has only 4 calories!).
If you're having trouble feeling full, adding something "bulky" like strawberries is a great idea. The bulk will fill up your pouch nicely!
Serves 2. Serving size = ~1/3 cup
More Bariatric Recipes
Lap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
118 calories, 14 grams protein, 11 grams carbohydrate, <1 gram fat.
Recipe courtesy of fitarella.com
Leave Low Carb Cheesecake and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site's Home.