Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Meatless Bolognese Sauce
This Meatless Bolognese Sauce is so delicious, you'll never have to ask, "Where's the Beef?!"
- 1 package Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipes Crumbles
- 1/2 cup red wine (can substitute non-alcoholic wine or diluted red wine vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar marinara or pasta sauce (I like Newman's Own Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
- In a saucepan, sauté Recipe Crumbles in wine until warm. (Add more wine if the crumbles aren't moist).
- Add garlic, onion, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add marinara/pasta sauce to pan. Stir in parsley and basil and simmer until sauce is heated through.
Makes 6 servings. Per serving:
147 calories, 13 grams carbohydrate, 12 grams protein, <1 gram fat, 6 grams sugar, 659 mg. sodium
(Note: sugar and sodium content will vary depending on which brand of marinara/pasta sauce you use.)
More Bariatric Recipes
Lap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
- Serve over 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta or brown rice or over 1 cup spaghetti squash.
- Make in bulk and freeze for use at a later time.
Leave Meatless Bolognese Sauce and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site's Home.