Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
For all you Biggest Loser fans...this mini meatloaf recipe is courtesy of Tara on this season's show. (Can't wait until this week's finale!)
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® lean ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat free and sugar free ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda® Brand)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine onion, carrots and celery. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add chipotle peppers and pulse until just combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey with the pepper and vegetable mixture.
- Add egg whites and oats; gently mix until combined.
- Place about 1/3 cup of the prepared meatloaf mixture into 9 wells of a standard size muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Remove mini meatloaves from oven and spoon the topping over each meatloaf. Return to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until meatloaf is firm and the internal temperature registers 170°F.
- Let meatloaf stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 9 mini loaves.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Fat: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Sodium: 180 mg
Saturated Fat: 0
Fiber: Less than 1 gram
Note: These could also be made with ground chicken breast or even ground veggie crumbles for a vegetarian twist.
More Bariatric Recipes
Lap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Mini Meatloaf and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site's Home.
Recipe from The Biggest Loser