Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Cheesy Salmon Patties
These Cheesy Salmon Patties are a nutritional gold mine! They're packed with essential Omega 3's from the salmon AND the ground flaxseeds!
- 1, 6 oz. can (or pouch) skinless, boneless, pink Alaskan salmon
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds (also called ground flaxmeal)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Rinse and drain canned salmon.
- Mix all ingredients except the green onions in a medium bowl and form into 4 patties.
- Cook in pan coated with cooking spray until brown on edges.
- Continue cooking on other side until golden brown.
Serve 1 patty topped with 1 Tablespoon green onions.
Makes 4 servings.
80 calories, 13 grams protein, 2 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fat, 271 mg sodium, 1 gram fiber
Eat with 1/2 cup diced mango on the side. Yummy!
Note: Make extras to refrigerate for snacks or quick lunches.
Nutrition note: Flaxseeds are a good source of fiber. Make sure you use ground flaxseeds (not whole flaxseeds...or grind whole flaxseeds yourself in a coffee grinder!).
More Bariatric Recipes
Lap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Cheesy Salmon Patties and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site's Home.