Sample Puree Menu Suggestions
I am starting pureed foods, and wonder about portion sizes. Can you give me sample menu suggestions please? Thanks SO much!
Here are some sample pureed menu suggestions.
Remember that every meal and snack should contain a good source of protein.
The amount you'll be able to eat is highly variable, but you can use 1/4-1/2 cup as a guideline for portioning each meal. I recommend eating every 3-4 hours.
- Lowfat cottage cheese + mashed banana. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Lowfat ricotta cheese + applesauce. Sprinkle with apple pie spice.
- Scrambled egg with melted cheese and (non-chunky) salsa.
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt + mashed bananas.
- Plain yogurt mixed with protein powder (ex: BSN Lean Dessert Protein Powder) + mashed berries.
- Protein shake
- Scrambled egg + hummus.
- Mashed avocado mixed with lowfat cottage cheese and (non chunky) salsa.
- Ricotta cheese + spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Poached fish fillet (ex: tilapia poached in broth or low sodium tomato juice) + mashed potatoes.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask the Dietitian.