Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
This sesame salmon is about as simple as a recipe can get. High in protein and healthy fat, this salmon is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 4 salmon fillets, about 6 oz each, skinned
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Rub both sides with a little sesame oil and then coat with sesame seeds.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet, over moderate heat.
- Place the salmon fillets in the skillet and cook without moving them until the bottoms are browned and the bottom half of the fillets are opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the fillets and cook, without moving them, until the flesh is opaque and firm to the touch, about more 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings. Serving size = 3 oz.
Per serving: 188 calories, 18 grams protein, <1 gram carbohydrate, 12 grams fat, .5 grams fiber
Serve with 1/2 cup cooked vegetable and 1/2 small sweet potato to round out the meal.
Use leftover sesame salmon in salads and omelets.More Bariatric RecipesLap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Sesame Salmon and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site's Home