Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Simple Tuna Salad
The secret ingredients in this simple tuna salad are plain nonfat yogurt in place of mayo and pineapple. It's delicious!
- 1 can (12 oz) water-packed solid white tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup Yoplait® Fat Free plain yogurt
- 1 can (4 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped* (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- * Be sure to chop the celery well so all the strings don't get stuck going down!
- wrapped in a lettuce leaf
- on top of a bed of salad greens
- on top of a toasted slice of bread (if you tolerate bread) topped with a melted slice of lowfat cheese
Makes 4 servings.
180 calories, 22 grams protein, 6 grams total fat, 0.5 grams saturated fat, 11 grams carbohydrate, 420 mg sodium, 1 gram fiber, 25 mg cholesterol
Try substituting canned salmon or even canned sardines for the tuna. OR...double the recipe and use one can of tuna and one can of salmon/sardines if you're hesitant to break away from tuna!
More Bariatric Recipes
Lap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Simple Tuna Salad and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site's Home.
Recipe adapted from Prevention Healthy Cooking