Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Tofu Egg Salad
This tofu egg salad is a healthy version of an old time favorite.
- 1 package Mori-Nu brand tofu (silken firm, extra firm or organic silken firm)
- 3 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tablespoons minced scallions
- 2 Tablespoons minced celery
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towels.
- Crumble or cube tofu into medium bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix mayonnaise, honey, salt, turmeric, and mustard. Add tofu.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Note: For vegan preparation, substitute light vegan mayonnaise and omit the honey.
Makes 3 servings. Serving Size = 1/2 cup.
Per serving: 137 calories, 8.5 grams protein, 9 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams fat, 249 mg. sodium, 3.6mg cholesterol
More Bariatric RecipesLap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
- Serve rolled in a romaine lettuce leaf as a "lettuce wrap."
- Serve atop a bed of baby spinach.
- Mock deviled eggs: Hard boil eggs and remove yolks. Stuff center with this "eggless" egg salad.
Leave Tofu Egg Salad and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site Home.
Recipe courtesy of morinu.com