Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Crunchy Tuna Patties
These crunchy tuna patties are a cinch to make.
Extras can be crumbled and served over salad on another day.
You can also substitute canned salmon or sardines for the canned tuna (yes...I said sardines...they are soooo good for you).
- 1 (3 ounce) can of tuna in water
- 1 egg white
- 4 Wheat Thins crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon minced onion, if tolerated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spray medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook patties until golden brown.
(What could be easier?!)
Makes 2 servings.More Bariatric RecipesLap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Per serving: 80 calories, 12 grams protein, 1 gram fat, 4 grams carbohydrate, 22 mg. cholesterol, 240 mg. sodium, 0 grams sugar.
Recipe from Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
Leave Crunchy Tuna Patties and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site Home.