Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Turkey Eggplant Casserole
This turkey eggplant casserole is a healthy cross between eggplant parmesan and lasagna...
...and SOOOOOOO easy to make!
- 28 oz low-sodium marinara sauce (such as Amy's brand)
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast (such as Foster Farms brand)
- 8 oz grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of marinara sauce into baking dish.
- Place about half of the eggplant slices in the dish.
- Top with 1/2 ground turkey.
- Cover with 1 cup marinara sauce and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat the layer, finishing the casserole with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
253 calories, 32 grams protein, 8 grams fat (3 grams saturated fat), 13 grams carbohydrate, 61 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 4 grams fiber, 7.5 grams sugar (sugar is variable depending on which marinara sauce you use!)
Note:More Bariatric RecipesLap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
If using regular marinara sauce (vs. low sodium), adjust the nutrition for increased sodium and note that you may have more water retention which makes your band feel tighter!
Recipe is from Liza Gammon, CalorieKing.com member
Leave Turkey Eggplant Casserole and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site Home