Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
Turkey Lettuce Wraps
These turkey lettuce wraps are simple to prepare and high in protein too. They remind me of the (chicken) lettuce wraps sold at P.F. Changs.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce*
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely minced
- 10 large iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, dried and well chilled
*Note: Choose a barbecue sauce without high fructose corn syrup. Your best chance of finding one is at a natural food store like Trader Joe's or Whole Food Market.
- Over medium heat, crumble turkey into a wok or large skillet and saute, stirring to break up any clumps. Cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in hoisin and barbecue sauces, ginger root and garlic. Cook until hot and well blended.
- Mix in pine nuts, scallions and crystallized ginger, tossing gently just long enough to heat through and blend well.
- To serve, spoon the hot turkey mixture into each lettuce leaf cup and roll tightly to enclose the turkey mixture.
Makes 10 servings.
Per serving: 130 calories, 10 grams protein, 7 grams total fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 8 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 420 mg sodium, 5 grams sugar.
Note: Use ground turkey breast to further reduce fat and calories. More Bariatric RecipesLap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Turkey Lettuce Wraps and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site Home
Recipe source: eatturkey.com