These turkey meatballs are easy to prepare, they taste great, and are a yummy source of protein.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup dry breadcrumbs or crushed whole wheat crackers
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp chili powder
- tsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a fork.
- Form into 1 - 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and turn meatballs over, and bake for another 10 minutes.
Makes 30 meatballs.
Per 2 Meatballs (with sauce, without pasta or spaghetti squash):
93 calories, 3 grams total fat, 0.5 grams saturated fat, 6 grams protein, 10 grams carbohydrate, 1.2 grams fiber, 145 mg sodium
More Weight Loss Surgery Recipes
Leave Turkey Meatballs and Return to Lap Band Surgery Site Home Page.
Recipe from about.com