Bariatric Recipes of the Week:
This turkey meatloaf can be prepared with either ground turkey breast or ground chicken breast.
It's simple to prepare and high in protein too. Plan ahead...prepare 2 at once and freeze one for later use!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast or ground chicken breast
- 1 whole egg
- 2/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup minced red pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped, fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Panko brand breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a 4 x 8 inch bread pan with canola oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until turkey (or chicken) is cooked through. Cool slightly and slice.
Makes 12 servings.
123 calories, 18 grams protein, 4 grams carbohydrate, 3.5 grams fat, 290 mg sodium
Recipe source: Canyon Ranch
Serve with 1/2 small sweet potato and 1/2 cup green beans.
Use leftovers to make "meatloaf sandwiches."More Bariatric RecipesLap-Band Bariatric Surgery Overview
Leave Turkey Meatloaf Recipe and Return to Lap-Band Surgery Site Home