Vegetarian Spaghetti Sauce
This vegetarian spaghetti sauce is simple to prepare, high in protein, and delicious served over spaghetti squash if you can't eat pasta!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 c chopped onion
- 1 pkg LightLife Smart Ground® (Mexican flavor)
- 26 oz meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz can diced (low sodium) tomatoes, with juice
- 1 c frozen corn thawed
- 1/4 c salsa
- 4 oz chopped green chilies
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, sauté until translucent.
- In a large saucepan, combine Smart Ground® Mexican, spaghetti sauce, beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa, chilies, chili powder and pepper. Stir in sautéed onion.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 20-30 minutes.
Makes 10 servings.
Serve over cooked spaghetti squash or hot cooked (whole wheat) spaghetti noodles.
Leftovers can be served on top of a baked sweet potato or rolled in a corn tortilla!
More Bariatric Recipes
Leave Vegetarian Spaghetti Sauce and Return to Lap Band Surgery Site Home Page.
Recipe from Lightlife.com