Easy Eggplant Parmesan with a surprise (optional) ingredient ...ham!
- 2 eggs
- 18 whole wheat crackers, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. natural flavored protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and sliced into 6 slices, ~ 1/4" thick
- 6 slices Prosciutto ham (OPTIONAL)
- 6 part skim mozzarella cheese slices
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Tablespoon diced ripe olives, divided
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs.
- In another shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs, protein powder, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Dip eggplant slices into egg and then into cracker crumb mixture.
- Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and (optional) ham slices and bake additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring tomato sauce, oregano, and garlic salt to a boil.
- Serve tomato sauce over eggplant, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and top with olives.
Makes 6 servings. Serving size = 1 Eggplant and Ham Parmesan, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon olives.
Per serving (including ham): 202 calories, 22 grams protein, 18 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fat, 3.25 grams fiber
More Bariatric Recipes
Leave Easy Eggplant Parmesan and Return to Home Page.
Recipe is (modified) from the weight loss surgery cookbook Extraordinary Taste
See other Lap-Band "must have" books and cookbooks here.