High Protein Pancakes
Yummy High Protein Breakfast
These high protein pancakes make a great high protein breakfast or mid afternoon snack.
They're delicious hot or cold, and pack lots of nutrition into a small portion so they're perfect for use after weight loss surgery.
Try topping with a small amount of natural peanut butter or almond butter or drizzle pureed frozen blueberries (heated) on top ...YUMMY!
- 6 egg whites, beaten until fluffy
- 1 cup non fat cottage cheese
- 2 scoops whey protein powder
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp (organic) canola oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- vanilla extract (optional)
- Place all ingredients except beaten egg whites in blender or food processor and pulse or blend until mixture is uniform.
- Pour blended ingredients into a bowl and add egg whites. Fold until just blended.
- Prepare a griddle with cooking spray. Ladle pancake mixture onto griddle and cook until both sides are browned.
Makes 8 pancakes.
Per pancake: 153 calories, 15 grams protein, 4 grams total fat, 13 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 170 mg sodium
(Note: Sodium content may vary depending on the brand of whey protein powder used.)
More Weight Loss Surgery Recipes
Leave High Protein Pancakes and Return Home
Recipe from sparkpeople.com